Women Borrower focussed P2P platform . High Yields and Physical branches for loan disburesment
Get a Copy of our Investment Tracker
- Founded: In 2021
- Investment type: Peer-to-peer lending
- Minimum Investment: One can invest a minimum amount of INR 5,000.
- Advertised returns: Up to 18%
- Accredited by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- High Interest Rate
- Focus on Women Borrower
- The investment is not subject to the volatility of market movements like stocks, etc.
- Physical Branches present for disbursement and collection.
- There are chances of default from the borrowers
- Short performance history.
- The investors will have to pay tax on any interest they earn.
IndiaP2P is a leading P2P platform that provides high-interest rates to investors. It is certified by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) as NBFC P2P.
The main aim or focus of IndiaP2P is the women from the Joint Liability Group (JLG) as the default rate of women is less than men. IndiaP2P is a modern fintech company where investors can earn high returns by lending small amounts to multiple borrowers.
Features of IndiaP2P platform
- India P2P provides loans to those individuals or rather specifically women who are unable to access loans from banks, in order to invest their money into businesses.
- By cutting down the need of money sharks , IndiaP2P benefits and extends credit source to the low default individual.
- The main aim of this entire system is to benefit both, the lender and the borrower.
- It facilitates individuals to borrow loans at a lower interest rate compared to the unorganized lending sector
- The entire process is done via an online portal,
- IndiaP2P handles the due diligence and collection process.
- IndiaP2P is on of the few platform which has physical branches for loan disbursement
How to Lend money on IndiaP2P?
Creating an account on IndiaP2P will hardly take you 5 minutes.
- Open an account by entering your personal details along with submission of PAN Card and AADHAAR Card copy as an address proof. This completes your KYC criteria that is governed by Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- You will have to add a minimum amount to your wallet for lending money to the burrower.
- You can choose option to reinvest your principal which receive every month .
- The platform ensures that only INR 500 rs is given to one borrower to ensure diversification.
- You can check portfolio performance on the dashboard.
One of the major advantages of IndiaP2P is that they lend money to only those borrowers who have a successful track record of borrowing and repaying at least one prior loan from a bank i.e repetitive borrower
The average returns ranges from 16-18% depending on whether you choose to reinvest the principal or receive it in your account. The NPA of the platform is currently close to Zero.
IndiaP2P is currently being run under the leadership of Neha Juneja. She pursued her engineering from Delhi College of Engineering and MBA from FMS Delhi.She is an entrepreneur, who was also the co-founder of Greenway. This was a credit partnership based on women as borrowers in the rural and suburban areas of Africa.
For her brilliant work in entrepreneurship, she has won many awards such as Businessworld Young Entrepreneurship Award, L’oreal Femina Award for innovation and more.
Mohit Gupta is the co-founder and product head at IndiaP2P. He is an engineer in Electronics and Telecommunications, who studied at the Delhi College of Engineering. His specialty lies in financial technology and has built large lending platforms, leading large tech teams for over 14 years. He was a Director at AdviserLogic, a wealth management platform by MorningStar.
Ravinder Voomidisingh, a finance specialist is a co-founder and Chief Operating Officer (COO) at IndiaP2P. He is a CFA charter holder and completed his MBA from Symbiosis Institute of Business Management.
He has 14 years of experience in the field of corporate lending, credit ratings, and risk management. His work is spread across many projects at the intersection of fintech and financial inclusions. Having also worked with Bank of America.
The lead funding of IndiaP2P is done by Antler. Worldwide level VC firm Antler is one of the fastest growing VC firms in the world. Antler is planning to fund around $100M to $150M in 100+ Indian startups over the next 3 years
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is IndiaP2P safe?
Since it’s a Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved platform, the team has to follow the guidelines laid down by RBI. This add credibility to the platform. There are risk associated with lending which the platform manages through strong risk management.
- What is the minimum investment one can invest on IndiaP2P?
There is no minimum value set by the IndiaP2P platform. The lender can invest as low as INR 5000.
- What is the eligibility criteria for the individuals borrowing loans on IndiaP2P platform?
IndiaP2P platform is open to everyone, but it aims to disburse loan primarily to Women entrepreneurs in rural areas where banks do not have adequate reach.
IndiaP2P has shown good performance over a very short period. The yields are very high and the platform provides monthly cashflow. If the platform continues to deliver stable high yields over the long run , we may consider allocating a larger portion of our short term capital to the platform.